THE ALLIANCE MISSION
Our mission is to open and operate a network of small, high-performing high schools and middle schools in low-income communities in California with historically under-performing schools, that will annually demonstrate scholar academic achievement growth, and graduate scholars ready for success in college.
ALLIANCE'S CORE VALUES
Our five core values build a strong school culture where Alliance principals, teachers, staff, and parents work together to prepare scholars for success in college and future careers. Alliance schools provide powerful learning experiences through interdisciplinary projects and integration of real-world applications into the classroom. Close relationships between scholars teachers and staff encourage teamwork and accountability while ensuring that no scholar slips through the cracks.
1 High Expectations for All Scholars
- Our challenging, standards-based curriculum is premised on the belief that all scholars can perform at high levels.
2 Small Personalized Learning Environments
- Each scholar is part of an advisory group of about 25 scholars.
- Our scholars thrive where they develop close relationships with teachers and all adults in the building.
3 Increased Instructional Time
- Longer school year and school days adding up to 38 more school days per year than local public schools.
- Uninterrupted two-hour block courses to encourage deeper focus and discovery.
4 Highly Qualified Educators
- All staff is held accountable for scholar success and uses data to appraise improvement efforts.
- Extensive training programs for school leaders to better support highly motivated educational innovators.
5 Parents as Partners
- Parent Engagement Specialists at each school are highly involved in training and engaging parents to ensure that learning does not end with the school day.
Our vision at Alliance Ted K. Tajima High School is for all scholars, through a shared love of learning, to graduate from college and become enthusiastic, self-aware and influential leaders who, by uplifting their communities, positively impact the world.
Our mission at Alliance Ted K. Tajima High School is to create a nurturing environment that prepares all scholars for college and beyond through rigorous instruction and individualized supports serving the holistic needs of scholars and their families.